Pages

PS

March 23, 2009
1.28 am


I am missing sleep again. My back has been aching for days now since I have been sitting in front of the computer for more than 15 hours a day. And I have been doing this for weeks already.

At first I was so delighted to know that what I have this semester are all programming courses. I was so happy because I know that understanding the algorithms and the actual coding stimulates my brain cells. But having more than 6 problem sets to be passed in a week makes me think that maybe life is easier if I opted for pure mathematics.

But my interest in pure math is smaller than any epsilon greater than zero, no matter how small and I could not increment it.

Might as well get started with this long list of programming to do:

  1. Optimization using Genetic Algorithm (2 reproduction, 2 crossover, 2 mutation probability, 2 population sizes, 3 fitness functions)
  2. Optimizing Machine Flowshop Scheduling using Simulated Annealing
  3. Signal Denoising using Genetic Algorithm
  4. Solving the Knapsack Problem using dynamic program
  5. Solve a steady state problem and get the boundary conditions
  6. DP over markov chains
  7. Discrete Allocation problem using dynamic programming
  8. Traveling Salesman using Dynamic Programming
  9. Using DP to do a periodic review production planning model of a deterministic inventory problem
  10. Deriving the optimal policy of a stochastic inventory problem using DP
I want to breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment